Please review the following guidelines to ensure that your event runs smoothly.
You must submit your order one week to one month in advance, depending on the size of your event.
- Submit your order one week in advance for small meetings, receptions or refreshment breaks.
- Submit your order two to three weeks in advance for luncheons and dinners, or other events requiring menu selections.
- Submit your order one month in advance for large events, or events requiring custom menu planning and other complex details. Orders placed more than one month prior to the event taking place will receive a 10 percent discount.
To avoid a $50 Late Booking/Cancellation Fee, please make sure to book your event or cancel your event at least 72 business hours before your event will begin. To avoid a $25 Late Change Fee, please make all of your changes at least 72 business hours before your event. Making these changes and orders at least 72 business hours in advance will help ensure a successful event by affording us adequate time to properly prepare and present your event.
Prior to submitting your catering order, you must reserve your room and arrangements for tables and chairs (room set-up/delivery) with the appropriate facility.
An estimated number of guests must be provided at the time of your booking. The final guest count (guarantee) must be submitted at least 72 business hours prior to the event. If attendance is equal to or less than the guarantee, you will be billed for the guarantee. If attendance exceeds the guarantee, you will be billed for the actual attendance. If no guarantee is submitted, the original estimate becomes the guarantee.
Culinary Creations guarantees sufficient quantities of food and table settings to accommodate the guarantee plus five percent or a maximum of ten guests above the guarantee, whichever is less. All events with hot and/or perishable foods displayed will remain open for a maximum of two hours. At the events end, all food and beverages will remain the property of WVU Dining Services.
Event prices are based on our required minimum of 20 guests. If you wish to book a smaller event, additional costs may be added to your total depending on the individual menu and/or circumstances.
Food Allergies and Special Diets
Culinary Creations Catering is happy to accommodate any guests with special diet needs. It is of supreme importance that our team is fully prepared to serve safe, allergen free dishes to guests whose conditions may cause illness or even death. To guarantee a safe and delicious dining experience for guests, the event coordinator is responsible for ensuring the following:
- Please provide Culinary Creations Catering any unique dietary needs 72 hours prior to the event start time. This includes vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, religious diets, or any other unique dietary need.
- Be aware and communicate to guests as needed that nut products are used in our kitchens, though we are able to prepare allergen free food in a separate, sterile environment with 72 hours prior notice.
- For events that do not provide Culinary Creations Catering with this information 72 hours in advance of the event, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to provide a safe and healthy accommodation to guests with unique diets.
Event cancellations must be received in writing at least 72 business hours prior to the event. If you cancel after this deadline has passed, you will be billed for your guaranteed number of guests.
Backup Location for Outdoor Events
A backup location must be secured for any outdoor event. The catering manager working with your event will determine if the event will need to be moved due to inclement weather.
Additional service staff will be subject to a charge of $15/hour per server for a minimum of four consecutive hours, which will include prep, set up, service, and clean up times. An on site Chef is $60/hour.
Those wishing to serve alcohol, as a supplement to a catered event, must seek authorization from Robin Yorty, Exec. Director and Chief Protocol Officer, University Events, (304) 293-8023, or firstname.lastname@example.org before the event is scheduled. After you have received the required authorization, you are required to purchase all alcohol independently and provide Culinary Creations with written notice of your intent.
Due to market fluctuations, we reserve the right to change prices at our discretion.