New Dining Procedures
With WVU ready to reopen campus in the fall semester, we have numerous ways in which WVU Dining Services is prepared to ensure our guests and employees remain safe and healthy.
Visitors will be able to quickly identify our new Clean Team employees. Wearing bright yellow shirts, these employees will be focusing on ensuring that all surfaces and equipment handled by guests and employees is cleaned and sanitized repeatedly. They will be using disposable towels and Ecolab-approved sterilizer that eliminates COVID-19. The Clean Team will be alert for any issues and ensure our guests stay safe.
Additionally, we will be implementing the following safety measures:
- Physical distancing for customer lines and adjusted seating
- Expansion of delivery/pickup options
- Expansion of Grab-n-Go retail offerings
- Elimination of self-serve buffets
- Touchless payment
- Pickup areas for retail orders and groceries-to-go
- New plexiglass guards (including sneeze guards) and cleaning requirements for kiosk screens, drink machines, counters and other contact surfaces
New Employee Procedures
Employees must go through temperature checks before starting their shifts and practice physical distancing. They must also wear personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves, provided by the University.
New Cleaning Procedures
Across all campuses, cleaning will be increased in high-traffic areas and high-touch surfaces:
- Serving utensils will be cleaned and sanitized every 30 minutes.
- Tabletops, desktops and other hard and non-permeable surfaces will be disinfected CDC-approved products at a minimum of once daily.
- Electrostatic Victory sprayers, backpack sprayers and battery pump-up sprayers will be used to clean and disinfect large, high-traffic areas.
- Alpha HP, Dreumex wipes and Oxivir disinfectants will be used, in addition to the University’s normal cleaning products.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed in all campus buildings, with a priority on common areas like public entrances and elevator lobbies. Freestanding, wall-mounted and tabletop style dispensers will be used.
- No-touch handles, knobs, faucets, receptacles, etc. will be used when possible.