What are the benefits of working for WVU Dining?
- Several convenient locations available to work at
- There are dining halls and retail locations all around campus, so chances are there is a location you can work at that will be close to where you live or go to classes
- Flexible scheduling
- Your education comes first. We will work around your class schedule and schedule you for shifts that work for you, with a maximum of 20 hours a week available.
WVU Dining jobs fulfill Federal Work Study requirements
- Valuable work experience
- Whether you are working as a cashier, a dining room attendant, a food service worker or in the kitchen, you will be gaining valuable experience in customer service and culinary skills that will be useful to you in your everyday life, as well as future jobs
- Complimentary meal at shift's end
- Along with receiving a beginning wage of $8.75, you also can have a free meal at the end of each of your shifts
Q. Where can I work on campus?
- Dining halls
- Café Evansdale on Evansdale Campus
- Hatfields, Summit Café & Boreman Bistro on the Downtown Campus
- Downtown catering events or Alumni Center catering events
- Food courts
- Chick-fil-A, Which Wich, Tres Habaneros, Jazzmans
- Chick-fil-A, Which Wich, Burgershop, Cavanaughs
- Evansdale Crossing
- Hugh Baby’s, Juice Bar, Let’s Go Tacos, Waldo’s Chicken
- Coffee Shops
- Evansdale campus: Lyons Den, Brew n Gold, Bits & Bytes, Greenhouse, Park Place, DaVincis at the Evansdale library
- Downtown campus: Eliza’s at the downtown library and Market @ Uplace
Q. What can I expect working for WVU Dining during COVID-19?
- All employees must have their temperature taken before they begin their shift.
- If your temperature is at or above 100.4 degrees, you will not be allowed to work until you are fever-free for 24 hours. If you have other COVID symptoms you will not be able to return to work until you are fever-free for 72 hours, your other symptoms are gone, and it has been 10 days since the symptoms first appeared
- All employees must work with a face mask on
- Special Clean Teams will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing high-touch surfaces constantly
Q. How do I apply for a job with WVU Dining Services?
- You can apply for a job on Handshake: https://careerservices.wvu.edu/students/handshake-login
- You can also email WVU Dining Services HR Manager Tiffany Peden at Tiffany.Peden@Sodexo.com, and she will send you an application.
- When you return your application, please note if you have a preference of which location you’d like to work at, and/or which area of campus you’d like to work at. We will do our best to accommodate.
- After you have received a job offer, you will need to process for payroll with WVU Shared Services
Q. What do I need to process for payroll?
Please visit https://sharedservices.wvu.edu/employee-processing for all required documents.